Last Updated: August 16, 2019
We appreciate your trust in our products and services. In order to provide a marketplace platform for CAMEO™ video shout-outs and other products and services through our website (cameo.com), mobile application, and through the services we provide (collectively, the website, application, and services referred to as our “Site”), and continue to make them better, Baron App, Inc. dba Cameo (“we”, “Cameo”) collects information from you. If you’re visiting us from the European Economic Area ("EEA"), you’ll need to read this policy in light of the EEA Users section below.
By “personal information”, we mean contact and other information that identifies you as a specific, identifiable individual.
- explains how Cameo collects, stores, uses, transfers, and discloses your information; and
- applies to our Site.
You should read the policy in full, but here are a few key things:
- When you use Cameo, even if you’re just browsing, we receive some information from you, such as the type of device you’re using and your IP address.
- You can choose to share additional information with us, such as your email address, by creating an account.
- If you have questions about this policy, how we collect or process your personal data, or anything else related to our privacy practices, we want to hear from you. You can contact us at any time using the contact details in the Contact Us section at the end of this policy.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- How We Use Information
- How We Share Information
- Children and Parents
- Your Choices
- Accessing Personal Information and Retention Period
- Data Security
- California Privacy Rights
- EEA Users
- Disclosure to Users Outside the U.S.
- Contact Us
Information We Collect
(a) Information You Provide
Cameo may collect personal information from you when you:
- Create an account on the Site: Cameo collects your name and email address and may collect other personal information, such as a telephone number when you register, update, or add information to your account. We require you to create a user name and password for your account. Cameo collects personal information relating to any third-party account that you link to your Cameo account (such as your Instagram user name if you link your Instagram account). We may store payment information (such as credit or debit card details) but only if you choose to save it to your account. We use this information to maintain your account and communicate with you about the account, such as by verifying your email address or account information or requesting you to respond to a survey to improve the user experience on our Site. We will use your email address to send you promotional email communications from Cameo (and not from any third party) if you have opted in to receive them; to stop receiving them, click on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of the promotional email.
- Make a purchase through the Site: Cameo collects the information that you provide when requesting a CAMEO video, including your name and email address, any mobile phone contact number (of you or the recipient) you choose to provide, the name of the recipient, and the details that you provide as part of your request. Cameo processes payment information you provide when you pay for a purchase. When you purchase merchandise, we also collect shipping and delivery information. When ordering a CAMEO video, unless you opt-out, we will make your name, the recipient’s name, and the CAMEO video itself public on our Site. We use this information to fulfill your request, accept your payment, ship and deliver your orders, deliver email messages, and process information you provide through our Site. We process information of designated recipients that you provide to us to the extent necessary to provide the CAMEO video, either as part of the content or for the transaction itself (for example, we share the recipient’s name and the details of the request with the Cameo talent). If you provide a mobile telephone number, we use it to provide SMS messages related to the transaction.
- Participate in sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. We collect the information you provide when you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion on or through our Site. Some of your personal information may be disclosed publicly if you win a sweepstakes or contest. We do not use this information for any purpose other than to conduct and administer the sweepstakes, contest, or promotion unless you expressly agree we may use or share it for other purposes.
- Contact Customer Service through the Site. Cameo collects personal and other information in connection with providing customer service. We use this information to provide you and others with customer service, to assist in resolving issues, and to evaluate and improve our customer service and processes.
- Provide Content to the Site. Our Site may permit you to submit content to us, such as a video, review, photo, email, text, social media post, or other communication (each, a “Submission”) and our Site permits Talent to submit content and data (“Talent Content”). Any Submission, whether submitted to our Site directly or through a Social Media Platform, and any Talent Content, is subject to the applicable Terms of Service, which gives Cameo certain rights to use it. Some of your personal information, such as your name, user name, or where you reside, may be publicly displayed. Others may access it, use it, and share it.
- Use Social Media with the Site. You can interact with our Site through a Third Party Property, such as social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (collectively, “Social Media Platforms”). For example, you may use your existing social media user name and login information to create an account on our Site or “like” or “share” content from our Site. Some of your personal information, such as your user name, may be publicly displayed. In addition, we and the Social Media Platform may have access to information about you and your use of our Site and the Social Media Platform. The information that any Third Party Property collects is subject to its privacy practices (including whether it shares information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices about what may be visible to others).
(b) Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain information, such as contact details (for example, name and email address), country, IP address, purchase histories, marketing preferences, cookie information, hardware and software information and other technical information about you from vendors, such as analytics companies, and a Third Party Property (which may include a Social Media Platform). We and our vendors may collect information about your visits to and activity on our Site and other websites and services. We may combine that information with other personal information we have collected from or about you. We may use this information to target advertising and content to you and others and to assess the effectiveness of our advertising and activities. We may share certain of this information with our vendors for similar purposes.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
(a) Cookies and Tracking
When you visit our Site, we may use tracking and other technologies, for example, cookies, local storage, web beacons, embedded scripts, and location data services to collect information about you. Some of these technologies may transfer a unique identifier for your device to a browser, place a cookie on your device, temporarily download code to your device, or use other means to track your access or interactions.
We use these technologies for a number of reasons, including to save your preferences for future visits to our Site, keep you logged in between visits, and to provide you with improved services. The information we collect may include (but is not limited to):
- date and time of your visit to our Site;
- areas you visit within our Site;
- links that you click on within our Site;
- websites or advertisements you visit before or after visiting our Site;
- terms you entered into a search engine that lead you to our Site;
- IP address, mobile device identifier, or other unique identifier and usage information for the device used to access our Site;
- precise location data from your device, if you have opted-in to the collection of that information (you may be able to disable the collection of precise location data through the settings on the device used to access our Site, but your approximate location may remain available through its IP address or other information that we collect);
- device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and
- whether an email message we sent was opened and whether a link in the email message was clicked.
To get information about Flash and Adobe’s privacy choices from Adobe, click here. To get information about cookies from All About Cookies.org, click here. If you disable cookies, adjust privacy settings on your device, restrict local storage, or otherwise limit these technologies, you may not be able to use some of our Site features.
(b) “Do Not Track” Requests
Cameo does not currently honor “Do Not Track” signals. For information about “do not track” from The Future of Privacy Forum, click here.
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect as described above. We may also collect information about you from you and from other sources, and we may combine that information to operate, tailor content, personalize, adjust, and improve our Site.
We may also use your information:
- to contact you about administrative matters, such as the applicable Terms of Service, or other policies;
- to better understand your personal preferences to enable us to provide you with improved services;
- to compile aggregate data about Site traffic and interaction;
- to tailor the content and advertising we display to you or others, on our Site or elsewhere, and to analyze trends and statistics;
- to create advertising models through lookalike modelling or other research methodologies;
- for internal business purposes, such as improving our Site, products, and services and to comply with legal requirements and our business practices, such as our recordkeeping, backup, and document retention policies; and
We may convert personal information into information that no longer identifies you and is therefore not personal information; for example, by converting your email address into an alphanumeric code that does not identify you directly (“Hashed Information”). We and our service providers may use Hashed Information to track your activity on our Site and elsewhere, to target advertising, and for other marketing purposes. We may also collect other information that is not personal information, such as demographic information (i.e., age and gender) and information regarding use of a Site.
How We Share Information
We share non-personal information, such as aggregated statistics and de-identified information, with third parties in our discretion. Cameo also shares personal information as provided below in more detail.
Certain vendors may provide goods and services to Cameo and we may share information with them in connection with their goods and services. Vendors may use your information to execute, deliver, or improve the goods and services that they provide. We do not share personal information with any vendor to use for its own direct marketing or any other purposes without your consent.
(b) Employment Applications
We may use the personal information you choose to submit through the “Jobs” link on our Site to apply for employment in order to fulfill legal reporting requirements, for internal business purposes (such as to evaluating and improving our recruiting processes), or to defend against employment-related claims.
(c) Law Enforcement
To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your personal information pursuant to a law, regulation, court order, or other legal request or process, such as disclosure to law enforcement or other government officials or agencies in connection with any investigation, for example of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or any other activity that is or may be illegal or may expose Cameo, you, or another to legal liability.
This disclosure may include legal requests from a jurisdiction outside of the United States when we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law, regulation, court order, or other legal request or process in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally-recognized standards.
(d) Legal Rights
We will disclose your personal information when necessary to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights. For example, we may review your account information in order to investigate allegations of hacking or a breach of any of the Terms of Service. We will disclose your personal information to our legal and other advisors, consultants, and law enforcement or other government entities.
(e) Protecting Others
We will disclose your personal information to third parties when we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect rights, property, or safety of another. For example, we disclose personal information relating to a Site account if we in good faith believe that a Site account is being used in ways that are harmful to another or contrary to the applicable Terms of Service.
(f) Sale of Our Business or Assets
In evaluating or engaging in a sale of assets, merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other transaction, we may disclose, transfer, or assign your personal information and communications without your further consent.
Children and Parents
Our Site is intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children (those under the relevant age threshold in the applicable jurisdiction) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian; if we learn that we have done so, we will promptly remove the information. If you are a parent or legal guardian who believes that we have collected or used their child’s personal information, please contact us using the contact details in the Contact Us section at the end of this policy.
(a) Your Choices About Personal Information You Provide to Cameo
- If you do not want to provide Cameo with personal information that we request from you, you can choose not to provide it. Please note that if you choose not to provide us with personal information, we may not always be able to provide you with the relevant CAMEO product or service that you request. For example, without providing an email address, you will not be able to create a Site account.
- To stop receiving promotional email communications from Cameo, click on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of the promotional email. Please note that we may still contact you occasionally about the status of your account.
(b) Your Choices About Personal Information Provided to Us by Third Parties
- Some Cameo vendors may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. NAI and DAA each provide information regarding procedures for opting-out of targeted online advertising from participating companies. For information from NAI about opting out, click here. For information from DAA about opting out, click here, and for information about DAA’s AppChoices application, click here.
- Cameo uses Google Analytics. For information from Google about opting out, click here, and to download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on from Google, click here.
Opting out through these mechanisms does not block all online advertising; you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Accessing Personal Information and Retention Period
(a) Accessing Your Account
If for any reason you wish to access, view, correct, or update personal information collected about you, simply access your Site account through cameo.com or the mobile application and edit your personal information. If you want to deactivate your account, please email [email protected]; Talent Users may also deactivate their account via their account settings or by texting their Cameo talent rep.
If for any reason you are concerned with the way we are using your personal information, would like to correct the personal information that you have provided to us, or would like to request that we remove such personal information, you can send your request to us using the contact details in the Contact Us section at the end of this policy.
(b) Retention Period
Cameo takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect the information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and you use our Site and transmit information to us at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on our Site, contact us using the contact details in the Contact Us section at the end of this policy.
California Privacy Rights
(a) Your California Privacy Rights
We do not share our customers’ personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your express consent. For inquiries regarding our disclosure policy, please send us an email at hello[email protected], or write us at: Cameo Customer Service, 400 North Aberdeen Street, Chicago, Illinois 60642.
(b) California Residents Under the Age of 18 Only.
If you have created an account on our Site, you may request that we remove content or information that you have publicly posted by sending an email message to [email protected] that includes: your mailing address and a detailed description of the content or information. At our option, we may either remove your personal information (and not other content) or remove all of the content and information, subject to legal requirements and exceptions.
For privacy-related information applicable to people located in the EEA:
We process your information for the purposes set forth below.
(a) Legal Basis for Processing Information
We process your information where we can rely on legal grounds to do so.
(b) Performance of the Services
We process your information for the performance of our Site, to provide or support our products and services, or for any other reason you request or enable. This includes, for example, using your information to:
- administer your Site account;
- conduct and administer any sweepstakes, contest, or promotion you have entered;
- support purchases you make, including, but not limited to, processing payments and orders;
- support Site functionality;
- provide customer service.
If you are a Talent User of our Site, we also process your information to assist you in offering CAMEO videos as well as receiving payments from the third-party payment provider, as specified in the Talent Terms of Service.
We process your information based on your consent. This processing includes, for example, providing you with:
- newsletters, direct e-mails and surveys about our Site; and
- certain other marketing features.
Where we rely on your consent in order to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent to further use of your personal information at any time. You can use the methods described in the Accessing Personal Information and Retention Period section above to update your marketing preferences.
(d) Legitimate Interest
We process your information when we have a legitimate interest to do so. This includes, for example, processing your information to:
- provide you with requested customer service or technical support;
- debug and improve our current and future Site;
- provide you with certain content, personalize your Site experience with us and contact you in accordance with your applicable marketing preferences; and
- establish, exercise, or defend legal claims or in connection with any court or jurisdiction.
You can request more information regarding our legitimate interest balancing test where this is our lawful basis by contacting us at: [email protected].
(e) Legal Obligation
We process your information for compliance with any legal obligation to which we are subject.
(f) Your Rights to Your Information
In addition to your rights to view, correct, and update your information as set forth in the Accessing Personal Information and Retention Period section above, to access or remove your personal information, you can also make a request here.
In certain circumstances, you can request that we transfer personal information that you have provided to us. You can send your request to us at [email protected]
(g) Your Right to Object
You may object to the processing of your personal information based on a legitimate interest on grounds relating to your particular situation. You may, in particular, control the extent to which we market to you and you have the right to request that we stop sending you marketing messages at any time. To do so, you can use the methods described in the Accessing Personal Information and Retention Period section above.
(h) Exercising Your Rights and Complaints
For each of the rights described above, you can also send your request to us using the contact details in the Contact Us section at the end of this policy.
Your right to file complaints with a data protection supervisory authority in the country where you live or work or where you consider a breach has occurred remains unaffected.
(i) International Transfers
Your information will be collected, processed and stored directly on or transferred to servers in the U.S. In addition, it may be transferred to other countries where Cameo or our vendors maintain facilities or business operations, which may include countries outside the EEA. Where we are required by law to implement appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, we use European Commission-approved contract clauses to do so. If you have questions, please contact us using the contact details in the Contact Us section at the end of this policy.
Disclosure to Users Outside the U.S.
If you are a visitor to our Site from outside the U.S., the personal information you provide will be collected, processed and stored directly on, or transferred to, servers in the United States or other countries where Cameo or vendors maintain facilities or business operations.
If you do not agree to the collection, processing, storage and transfer of your information, please do not provide your information to us and stop using our Site.
Mobile Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: 7/1/2019
Receive special Cameo text offers and deals from Cameo through your mobile device. Text JOIN to 226-36 to receive 2-4 text messages per month. Message and data rates may apply.
By opting in to this service, you consent to receive mobile text alerts using an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive marketing text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services.
By signing up, you are confirming you are over the age of 13.
Text STOP to 22-636 to stop receiving text messages from Cameo (you will receive a confirmation text).
For additional information, text HELP to 226-36 or contact [email protected].
Supported carriers are:
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Boost, Cricket, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, ACS Wireless, Appalachian Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, Cellcom, C-Spire Wireless (formerly Cellsouth), Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cross (dba Sprocket), Duet IP, Element Mobile, EpicTouch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix (Keystone Wireless / PC Management), Inland Cellular, iWireless, Mobi PCS (Coral Wireless LLC), Mosaic, MTPCS / Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Panhandle Telecommunications, Peoples Wireless, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Rina - Custer, Rina - All West, Rina - Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina - Eagle Valley Comm, Rina - Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina - Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina - Silver Star, Rina - South Central Comm, Rina - Syringa, Rina - UBET, Rina - Manti, South Canaan / CellularOne of NEPA, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United, Viaero Wireless, West Central Wireless, Leaco, Nemont/Sagebrush. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Baron App, Inc.
400 N. Aberdeen St
Chicago, IL 60642